Christy & Ty’s Kentucky Wedding
I’m so very excited to finally share OUR Waveland wedding!
Having been in the wedding industry for the past decade, I have the pleasure of being surrounded by beautiful gowns, flowers, stationery, and venues almost every weekend. Therefore, when it came time to begin planning our wedding, I knew we needed two things..
1. A wedding unlike any I’d ever planned for someone else.
2. Something classic and timeless, with nods to trendy.
On top of that, it was incredibly important for us to give our guests a unique, memorable experience. As well as, give ourselves the peace of mind needed to truly enjoy our day. We managed to accomplish all of these things we set out to do. On that warm Kentucky, September day we enjoyed the most joy-filled day we’ve ever experienced as we said “I do” and celebrated with those we love.
Waveland State Historic Site in Kentucky was the perfect backdrop for our day.
In order to plan a wedding unique to us, I started with our venue. When touring Waveland and searching its grounds for the perfect ceremony location, I noticed a beautiful magnolia tree and fell in love. We decided to get married under that tree, and added touches of magnolia throughout the rest of the wedding, including on the invitations, cake, and reception hair flowers, to create a cohesive design. We also took advantage of the beautiful venue grounds to keep our guests interested by moving them around. It all began with the ceremony under the magnolia tree, then to cocktail hour in the gardens, dinner under a tent beneath mature pine trees, and concluded with dancing in the barn. It added an element of mystery to what might be coming next throughout the evening.
We also mixed in flavors of Kentucky, because it’s where we met, where the groom grew up, and where our wedding took place. There was a mini Kentucky Hot Brown appetizer, bourbon flowing throughout the evening, and a Bluegrass Band playing for Cocktail Hour and throughout Dinner.
A Classic overall look was important.
I wanted the bridal party and ceremony to have a more classic look so our photos are timeless. So we kept the more trendy elements to the details and the reception. My bridal gown was simple and classic from the front, but the back had the biggest, prettiest bow I’ve ever seen – my favorite part! The guys wore classic black tuxes, while the girls had convertible dresses. Each girl tied hers in a unique way, finishing with a bow somewhere on the back. The bridesmaid bouquets were each a little different than the rest to give their own special look, and the bridal bouquet brought them all together. The boutonnieres were classic with their white flower alongside greenery, tied with a blue velvet ribbon.
It’s all in the wedding details.
When planning weddings, I get so much joy from the details, so I had a lot of fun with our own!
- My groom spent twelve years in the US Air Force and has worked with airplanes ever since. So we had custom pocket squares for the guys and a custom bow tie for our pup made. Each had B-52 Airplanes on them, which is the first aircraft that he ever worked on while in the Air Force.
- When we first started dating, I purchased a rare bottle of bourbon for Ty as a gift. With it I with a note that said to “save it for a special occasion”, so we kicked off pictures with a “cheers” and a glass of that bourbon with our bridal party.
- We changed into custom Converse for the reception that said “Mr Babb” and “Mrs Babb” on the back.
- Our friends and family members brought homemade cookies that were set up as a cookie buffet for our guests to take a bag of cookies home with them.
- There was even a dog biscuit buffet next to the cookies to make sure the furry family members weren’t left out.
Our wedding day was the BEST. DAY. EVER!
Our day was full of more joy than I knew existed, and I couldn’t have relaxed enough to enjoy it all without our vendor team. My biggest piece of advice to other brides to hire a group of vendors whom you can trust and who will give you the peace of mind needed to enjoy your day. If you can sit back and know that everything is being taken care of, it will be so much easier for you to live in and soak up each moment. Even though it’s a long day, it’s the fastest day ever.
The biggest THANK YOU to our incredible vendor team! We couldn’t have had out best day ever without you!
PHOTOGRAPHER: The Malicotes
FLORIST: Stems LLC
WEDDING PLANNER & DESIGNER: Christina Burton Events
CATERER: Selma’s Catering
CAKE/DESSERTS: Tinker’s Cake Shop
RENTALS: Bryant’s Rent-All
PAPER PRODUCTS: Blu3 Designs
HAIR & MAKEUP: Something Blu Lex
BRIDE’S ATTIRE: Twirl Boutique
BRIDE’S JEWELRY: Kendra Scott
BRIDE’S SHOES: Badgley Mischka
ENGAGMENT RING & WEDDING BANDS: Meg C Jewelry Gallery
GROOM’S ATTIRE: The Black Tux
POCKET SQUARES & BOW TIE: Knotty Tie
COORDINATION: Leann & Brandon Shields
OFFICIANT: Adam Schick
LINEN RENTAL: Chair Covers and Linens
LATE NIGHT FOOD: Mad Mushroom